Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wrecked (#6.10)

"Dawnie, I'm so sorry!"


The regulars: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicholas Brendon, Emma Caulfield, Michelle Trachtenberg, James Marsters, and Alyson Hannigan.
Guest stars: Elizabeth Anne Allen as Amy Madison; Jeff Kober as Rack; and Amber Benson as Tara Maclay.
Written by: Marti Noxon ("I Only Have Eyes for You", "The Prom")
Directed by: David Solomon ("Beer Bad", "All the Way")

The one where... Willow's addiction takes a turn for the worst, Willow and Dawn get into an accident and Dawn slaps Willow in the face. GO DAWN!

Resident evil: Rack and that creepy monster. Amy and Willow are pretty evil in this as well, as Amy gets Willow involved with even darker magic and Willow endangers Dawn's life.

The rewatch: HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE! I just cringe when I look at those scenes at Rack's. Yes, addiction is bad. I get it. Stop hitting me over the head with it. I was cheering when Dawn finally slapped Willow in the face.

Amy seems like a different character compared to "Gingerbread". What we learn in this ep is that she already visited Rack before she turned herself into a rat, but in "Gingerbread" Amy didn't appear to be into dark magic. I know she was more advanced than Willow, but she seemed pretty harmless.

Hate all the Spuffy scenes.

Extra tidbit: Jeff Kober played crazy vamp Zachary Kralik in the season 3 episode "Helpless".

The episode is dedicated to J.D. Peralta, Marti Noxon's assistant who passed away during the filming of this ep.

Rating: I don't understand all the "Beer Bad" hate, when this ep exists.

No comments: