Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tabula Rasa (#6.08)


"Don't blame me, you snobby, snotty, thinks he's so great kind of jerk ... and I feel compelled to take some vengeance on you. "


The regulars: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicholas Brendon, Emma Caulfield, Michelle Trachtenberg, James Marsters and Alyson Hannigan.
Special guest star: Anthony Stewart Head
Guest stars: Raymond O'Connor as Teeth; and Amber Benson as Tara Maclay.
Written by: Rebecca Rand Kirshner ("Out of My Mind", "Help")
Directer by: David Grossman ("Wild at Heart", "Superstar")

The one where... they all lose their memory, and Spike thinks he's Giles's son Randy. Also, a very literal loan shark appears and Michelle Branch sings 'Goodbye to You'.

Resident evil: Teeth the loan shark, some vamps (and Willow)

The rewatch: I think I like this episode less and less each time I watch it. I used to like it, but now I feel 'meh' towards it. Sure, it has some funny moments. I love Anya/Giles! And her fear of bunnies! I love Randy Giles and Teeth the loan shark. The end with Tara and Giles leaving, while Michelle Branch is singing 'Goodbye to You' is heartbreaking.

I still don't like Willow and her magic addiction, the gang heading into the sewers doesn't add much to the story and Dawn/Buffy jumping to the conclusion that they must be sisters made me scratch my head. Also, they could've done more with the Xander/Willow pairing.

Extra tidbit: Tabula rasa is Latin for 'clean slate'.

Rating: Not near the worst of the season, but not near the top either.


No comments: